Wellness Wednesday - Read a Book
Reading or listening to an audio book is a great way to escape from your day to day. Being transported into another world, another time. Living someone else’s life. Trying to put together in your mind what this world might look like, what the characters might look like. It unlocks some kind of creativity inside of you.
Some people like to curl up in bed and read at night, some go outside and soak up the sun, some listen while they do their workout or running errands. Reading can happen any time you would like. It is a nice change of pace.
Making time to read/listen is something that everyone should try to incorporate into their daily lives. I am guilty of not reading for months at a time, so I try to at least read one chapter a day. I am actually still reading a really awesome book right now!
Here are some of my all-time favorites!
- The Shining/Dr. Sleep by Stephen King (WAY better than the movie, although I have not seen Dr. Sleep yet)
- The Bone Key by Sarah Monette (short stories)
- The Color of Tea by Hannah Tunnicliffe (AMAZING story!)
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman (Incredible!)
- The Robert Langdon Series (The DaVinci Code, Angels & Demons, The Lost Symbol, Inferno, and Origin; all by Dan Brown, he is an amazing writer!)
What are some of your favorites?